Who can apply to the Trust?
Although the Trust’s purposes are widely stated, the Trustees have decided to narrow the focus of the Trust at this time. The Trust welcomes applications from charities that are registered with the Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR) or the Charity Commission which support one or more of the following:
- The advancement of environmental protection or improvement in Scotland and elsewhere, with particular priority being given to third world projects;
- The advancement of the arts, heritage and culture which are primarily based in Scotland;
- The advancement of animal welfare in Scotland and elsewhere;
- The advancement of education by supporting training and research and broader education in the development of individual capabilities, skills and understanding in Scotland and elsewhere;
- The advancement of citizenship and in particular community development in Scotland and elsewhere, with particular priority being given to third world development projects.
- The advancement of health including the prevention or relief of sickness, disease or human suffering.
If your charity does not fall into one or more of these categories, please do not submit an application at this time as it is unlikely to be successful. The Trustees do however keep the Trust’s priorities under regular review and amend them from time to time. Details of any changes will be shown on our website. Your charity may therefore be eligible to apply for funding at a later date.
The Trustees can also invite such other charities as they may select personally and that fall within the Trust’s purposes to submit an application.
If in doubt, please contact Anderson Strathern.